Seeking Foreign Language Speaking Students,
any Gender and Ethnicity appearing age 12-18,
for Education Videos
We’re casting students in a series of world language assessment videos for middle school and high school learners. This is part of an interactive test used in classrooms nationwide created by ACTFL (actfl.org). We’re seeking students who speak any of the following languages:
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish
- Must be a Native or Heritage speaker. (Native speakers learned to speak the language of the place where he or she was born as a child. Heritage speakers use the language at home but may have been primarily educated in English.)
- Must appear to be between the ages of 12-18. (Young adults who appear to be high school age may qualify for the high school role). Any gender and ethnicity.
- Must be able to read aloud lengthy and complex speaking texts in the specified language using a teleprompter. No memorization required.
- Must be comfortable in front of a camera and be able to take direction from a language expert.
- Performance will be entirely in the specified language.
- Theatrical or acting background not necessary, but helpful.
Multiple roles are available in each language. Portray a Middle School or High School student from another country having a video chat in the specified language with an American student learning that same language. Must be friendly, approachable, and engaging.
DATES & LOCATION:
- Filming dates: you will be scheduled for one 3-hour session sometime between March 4 – March 31, 2023. Weekday and weekend sessions are available.
- Filming will be in-person in Alexandria, VA
- Current CDC-recommended COVID-19 safety protocols will be strictly followed for in-person filming
- Students and accompanying adults must provide proof of vaccination for access to the filming set. (Exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- $300 for up to three hours of filming and a one-hour rehearsal via Zoom. The performer is required to practice the script on their own prior to the scheduled filming date.
- Theatrical permits are required for actors under age 16. A parent or guardian must fill out appropriate forms and mail them in. Instructions on the process will be provided.
- For actors under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must: 1) sign the permission form in advance, 2) be present during a one-hour virtual rehearsal via Zoom, and 3) be present during in-person filming.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Your current age
- The town or city where you live
- The language you speak and whether you are a native or heritage speaker
Please do not send photos at this time. Any photos or videos submitted before we request them will not be considered. If a role is still available, we will reply with additional information. If under 18, please include your parent or guardian on the email to us.