Seeking Foreign Language Speaking Students,
any Gender and Ethnicity appearing age 12-18,
for Education Videos
We’re casting students in a series of world language assessment videos for middle school and high school learners. This is part of an interactive test used in classrooms nationwide created by ACTFL (actfl.org). We’re seeking students who speak any of the following languages:
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish
To be considered for one of these roles, the performers must:
- Be a highly fluent speaker and reader of one of the specified languages above (including clear pronunciation and able to be readily understood by speakers and learners of the language).
- Be able to read aloud both simple and complex passages in the specified language. No memorization is required. Language scripts will be displayed on a teleprompter.
- Appear to be between the ages of 12-18 (young adults who appear to be high school age may qualify for the high school role). Any gender and ethnicity.
- Be comfortable in front of a camera and be able to take direction from a language expert.
- Be friendly, approachable, and engaging on camera. (Theatrical or acting background is not necessary, but helpful.)
Multiple roles are available in each language. Portray a Middle School or High School student from another country having a video chat in the specified language with an American student learning that same language. Must be friendly, approachable, and engaging.
See demo: https://www.languagetesting.com/aappl2-demo
DATES & LOCATION:
- Filming dates: you will be scheduled for one 3-hour session sometime between February 17 – March 10, 2024. Weekday and weekend sessions are available.
- Exact scheduling to be determined closer to the filming dates.
- Filming will be in person in Alexandria, VA, so local applicants are preferred (D.C./Baltimore/Richmond areas).
- Health and safety protocols may be implemented as needed in order to comply with guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- $300 for up to three hours of filming and a one-hour rehearsal via Zoom. The performer is required to practice the script on their own prior to the scheduled filming date.
- Theatrical permits are required for actors under age 16. A parent or guardian must fill out appropriate forms and mail them in. Instructions on the process will be provided.
- For actors under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must: 1) sign the permission form in advance, 2) be present during a one-hour virtual rehearsal via Zoom, and 3) be present during in-person filming.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Your current age
- The city and state in which you live
- The language you speak
- If under 18, please include your parent or guardian on the email
Please do not send photos at this time. Any photos or videos submitted before we request them will not be considered. If a role is still available, we will reply with additional information.