Seeking Foreign Language Speaking Students,
any Gender and Ethnicity aged 12-22,
for Education Videos
We’re casting students for a series of language education videos for middle school and high school students. This is for an interactive test used in classrooms nationwide created by ACTFL (actfl.org). We’re seeking students who speak any of the following languages:
Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish
- Must be a Native or Heritage speaker. (Native speakers learned to speak the language of the place where he or she was born as a child. Heritage speakers use the language at home but may have been primarily educated in English.)
- Must appear to be between the ages of 12-18. (Young adults who appear to be high school age may qualify for the high school role). Any gender and ethnicity.
- Must be able to read aloud lengthy and complex speaking texts in the specified language using a teleprompter. No memorization required. Performance will be entirely in the specified language.
- Theatrical or acting background not necessary, but helpful.
- Must be comfortable in front of a camera and be able to take direction from the language expert.
Portray a Middle School or High School student from another country having a video chat in the specified language with an American student learning that language. Must be friendly, approachable, and engaging.
DATES & LOCATION:
- Filming dates: one 3-hour block to be scheduled between April 8 – April 25, 2022
- Filming will be in-person in Alexandria, VA
- Current CDC-recommended COVID-19 safety protocols will be strictly followed for in-person filming
- Students and accompanying adults must provide proof of vaccination for access to the filming set
- $300 for up to three hours of filming, including a one-hour virtual rehearsal via Zoom.
- Theatrical permits are required for actors under age 16. A parent or guardian must fill out appropriate forms and mail them in. Instructions on the process will be provided.
- For actors under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must: 1) sign the permission form in advance, 2) be present during a one-hour virtual rehearsal via Zoom, and 3) be present during in-person filming.
TO APPLY, UNDER 18: Download and complete the Parental Permission Form below. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your child’s age, the language they speak and if they are a native or heritage speaker. Please do not send photos at this time. Any photos or videos submitted before a permission form has been provided will not be considered.
TO APPLY, OVER 18: Email us at email@example.com. Tell us your age, the language you speak and if you are a native or heritage speaker.